January 1, 2020 Effective Plans
Open Enrollment: November 1st through December 16th
- Open Enrollment Begins November 1st
- Your Health Idaho will notify customers who are receiving a premium tax credit and have not been re-determined by mid-November
- Apply and submit your application no later than December 16th
- Your plan selection and enrollment must be made by December 23rd
Don’t miss these important dates as you may ONLY purchase a plan outside of Open Enrollment or change the plan you are currently enrolled in if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
The new Blue Cross “Access” plans will be available for coverage starting 1-1-20 as an AFFORDABLE alternative to the ACA individual plans. Enrollment begins 12/1/2019. More plan details coming soon!
First Glance Plan Highlights
- You can enroll year-round. There is no open enrollment period for Access plans.
- Access plans include the statewide Blue Cross of Idaho PPO network.
- Access plans are renewable for up to 36 months. Access plans provide a longer-term, more affordable option for Idahoans looking for comprehensive health insurance coverage for them and their families.
- Access plans offer exciting first-dollar benefits that provide real value.
Also NEW for 2020
- Effective 1/1/2020, Idaho Medicaid Expansion for eligible Idahoans with an average household income up to 138% of FPL will be enrolled in Medicaid. Eligible Idahoans with an annual household income of 139-400% of FPL can enroll through Your Health Idaho and receive APTC to lower their monthly insurance premiums.
- Enhanced Short Term Medical Plan through Blue Cross of Idaho rates will be available in December for 1/1/2020 effective date.
- Custom Grouping – for those who are enrolling with tax savings via Your Health Idaho this option allows families with mixed financial eligibility to apply with multiple plans to fit individual coverage needs.
Sue Boswell Insurance provides a place to browse and compare all ACA Health Plans available through Idaho insurance carriers. You may also determine if you are eligible for premium tax credits and cost sharing reduction. Through Your Health Idaho, you may be able to lower your monthly insurance payment if you are eligible for premium tax credits or with cost sharing reduction which lowers your “out-of-pocket” cost such as co-pays. Refer to the chart below to determine if you might be eligible for potential premium tax credits/cost sharing reduction.
To apply for tax credit eligibility and cost sharing and to enroll, visit Your Health Idaho
Important – select your YHI certified agent “Sue Boswell” by clicking on “Find agent…..” link. Sue Boswell must be designated agent of record at Your Health Idaho and Ida Link to assist you with your plan and coverage questions.
Don’t qualify for a tax credit?
If you are not applying for the Advanced Premium Tax Credit, and you have determined you are renewing with your current carrier, please follow the guidelines provided with your renewal packet. If you wish to look at other plans with your carrier or have chosen a new plan with a different carrier, please visit the Shop for a Plan page for insurance carrier links.
Please call Your Health Idaho certified agent/broker Sue Boswell at 208-861-0286 or email email@example.com for assistance with plan recommendation, selection or any other questions! Serving as your agent is my privilege and honor!