January 1, 2020 Effective Plans
open enrollment: November 1st through December 16th
Important Dates for 1/1/2020 medical plans
Open Enrollment Begins November 1st
YOUR HEALTH IDAHO will notify customers who are receiving a premium tax credit and have not been re-determined by mid-November.
Apply and submit your application no later than December 16th
Your plan selection and enrollment must be made by December 23rd
New This Year
- Effective 1/1/20 – Idaho Medicaid Expansion for eligible Idahoans with an average household income up to 138% of FPL qualify for Medicaid. Idahoans who are under 138% of FPL who were eligible for Premium Tax Credits previously will be covered on Medicaid.
- Enhanced Short Term Medical Plan through Blue Cross of Idaho is pending at the Department of Insurance. Watch for more information about this option.
- Custom Grouping – for those who are enrolling with tax savings via Your Health Idaho this option allows families with mixed financial eligibility to apply with multiple plans to fit individual coverage needs.
Don’t miss these important dates as you may ONLY purchase a plan outside of Open Enrollment or change the plan you are currently enrolled in if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
For most Qualifying Life Events (QLEs), you will have 60 days from the date of the event to report the change, supply supporting documentation, and enroll in a new plan if eligible. If you miss that window, you have to wait until the next Open Enrollment Period to apply.
Some examples of QLEs resulting in an SEP:
- Change in Coverage (loss of group coverage, dependent turning 26)
- Change in Household Size (marriage, divorce, birth of child, adoption)
- Change in Income
- Change in Marketplace Eligibility
- Change of Address
- Other Special Circumstances
Sue Boswell Insurance provides a place to browse and compare all ACA Health Plans available through Idaho insurance carriers. You may also determine if you are eligible for premium tax credits and cost sharing reduction. Through Your Health Idaho, you may be able to lower your monthly insurance payment if you are eligible for premium tax credits or with cost sharing reduction which lowers your “out-of-pocket” cost such as co-pays. Use the calculator below to see if you might be eligible for potential premium tax credits/cost sharing reduction or the quick reference chart for potential eligibility.
If you are not applying for a subsidized plan, go to Shop for a Plan to see examples of plans and rates.
Please call Your Health Idaho certified agent/broker Sue Boswell at 208-861-0286 or email email@example.com for assistance with plan recommendation, selection or any other questions! Serving as your agent is my privilege and honor!
To apply for tax credit eligibility and cost sharing and to enroll, visit Your Health Idaho Important – select your YHI certified agent “Sue Boswell” by clicking on “Find agent…..” link. Sue Boswell must be designated agent of record at Your Health Idaho and Ida Link to make specific recommendations about coverage and plan selection.
Don’t qualify for a tax credit?
If you are not applying for the Advanced Premium Tax Credit, and you have determined you are renewing with your current carrier, please follow the guidelines provided with your renewal packet. If you wish to look at other plans with your carrier or have chosen a new plan with a different carrier, please visit the Shop for a Plan for insurance carrier URL links.