Annual Open Enrollment is now closed.
Need Individual Coverage Now?
If you find yourself needing an individual plan outside of the annual open enrollment period, you have three possible options to attain coverage.
- If you experience a qualifying event which entitles you to an ACA Special Enrollment Period
- Apply to enroll in a Blue Cross ACCESS PLAN
- Apply to enroll in a Select Health ENHANCED SHORT-TERM PLAN
ACA Special Enrollment Period
A Qualifying Life Event can enable you to enroll in an ACA plan outside of the annual enrollment period. Examples of a QLE include:
- Birth and Adoption
- Loss of Coverage
- Marriage and Divorce
- American Indian and Alaska Native
- Other special circumstances
Find out more about qualifying for a SEP here https://www.yourhealthidaho.org/special-enrollment
Blue Cross ACCESS Plans
The new Blue Cross “Access” plans will be available for coverage starting 1-1-20 as an AFFORDABLE alternative to the ACA individual plans.
Enrollment begins 12/1/2019. You may enroll online or with a paper application.
Select Health Enhanced Short-Term Plans
Effective February 2020, Select Health offers Enhanced Short Term plans. These plans are an affordable alternative to ACA individual plans and allow application/enrollment at any time during the year without a qualifying life event. The Enhanced Short Term Plans use the Select Health network which includes St. Luke’s hospitals and providers.
- Variable premiums. Your premiums may vary depending on how healthy you are. If you have a pre-existing condition (PEC), it will be factored into your premium and there may be a waiting period for coverage for services related to a PEC.
- Flexible terms. Plans are renewable for up to three years.
- Available when you need them. You may enroll any time during the year. No open enrollment or special enrollment periods.
- Basics are covered.
- Plans are guaranteed issue and guaranteed renewal.
Also NEW for 2020
- Effective 1/1/2020, Idaho Medicaid Expansion for eligible Idahoans with an average household income up to 138% of FPL will be enrolled in Medicaid. Eligible Idahoans with an annual household income of 139-400% of FPL can enroll through Your Health Idaho and receive APTC to lower their monthly insurance premiums.
- Short Term Medical Plan through Blue Cross of Idaho rates will be available in December for 1/1/2020 effective date.
- Custom Grouping – for those who are enrolling with tax savings via Your Health Idaho this option allows families with mixed financial eligibility to apply with multiple plans to fit individual coverage needs.
Sue Boswell Insurance provides a place to browse and compare all ACA Health Plans available through Idaho insurance carriers. You may also determine if you are eligible for premium tax credits and cost sharing reduction. Through Your Health Idaho, you may be able to lower your monthly insurance payment if you are eligible for premium tax credits or with cost sharing reduction which lowers your “out-of-pocket” cost such as co-pays. Refer to the chart below to determine if you might be eligible for potential premium tax credits/cost sharing reduction.
To apply for tax credit eligibility and cost sharing and to enroll, visit Your Health Idaho
Important – select your YHI certified agent “Sue Boswell” by clicking on “Find agent…..” link. Sue Boswell must be designated agent of record at Your Health Idaho and Ida Link to assist you with your plan and coverage questions.
Don’t qualify for a tax credit?
If you are not applying for the Advanced Premium Tax Credit, and you have determined you are renewing with your current carrier, please follow the guidelines provided with your renewal packet. If you wish to look at other plans with your carrier or have chosen a new plan with a different carrier, please visit the Shop for a Plan page for insurance carrier links.
Please call Your Health Idaho certified agent/broker Sue Boswell at 208-861-0286 or email email@example.com for assistance with plan recommendation, selection or any other questions! Serving as your agent is my privilege and honor!